C ++ Developer
- 4 April 2023
- Prodim International, Helmond, The Netherlands
Prodim International BV is a manufacturer of state-of-the-art, patent-protected measuring devices and data management software. The flagship product, the Proliner, is a portable digital measuring tool that can be used to measure a wide range of 2D or 3D objects such as doors, stairs, kitchens, windshields, boat decks, and more. Measurements can be easily edited and verified on the Proliner using the integrated touch screen and onboard software. Then finally exported for further processing in CAD programs or even directly on various CNC machines.
Prodim’s software development efforts are currently focused on their own Windows desktop software, Prodim Factory, which enables users to manage projects, edit and verify measurement data, and design end products by merging CAD data with photogrammetry. They strive to provide complete solutions that help customers to remain competitive in the rapidly digitizing world. To achieve this, they improve their industry-specific software, with particular emphasis on solving technical complexities, providing flexibility, and easy-to-use interfaces.
As a Software Engineer at Prodim, you will play a vital role in designing, developing, and maintaining technically complex cross-platform software libraries and user-friendly applications. The software is exclusively in-house. You will be expected to use your C++ hands-on software expertise to build solid, efficient, and durable software, which can stand the test of time.
Your tasks & responsibilities include:
- Developing features for existing software
- Implementing and suggesting new features
- Conducting peer-to-peer code reviews
- Participating in software and code design
- Bug fixes and maintenance
You will be working with a small team of skilled developers, collaborating directly with colleagues from other departments as required. The working environment is informal, with a flat hierarchy and appreciation for skill, creativity, enthusiasm, and quality work.
We are looking for an experienced C++ developer who can effectively collaborate with other developers and product owners to work towards a common goal. The ideal candidate should be creative, pragmatic, self-sufficient, articulate, and responsible for the end product. The role requires someone who is assertive, open-minded and a team player who is not shy to speak their own mind and provide feedback.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience building software in C++ (11/14/17)
for Windows or Linux operating systems, using Qt libraries
- Strong software design skills
- Good command of the English language
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher
In this role, it is essential for you to have a deep understanding of C++ and software design principles and be able to apply them in a practical and efficient way. Also, you need to be able to work interactively; refining ideas, design, and implementation through an evolutionary development/feedback loop.
NICE TO HAVE:
Our development environment mainly consists of the following,
and therefore it’s nice to have knowledge of and experience with:
- C++ and QT for GUI development, targeting Windows desktop and Linux.
Prodim uses Microsoft Visual Studio for building on Windows
CMake, (cross-)compiling with g++ for Linux
- Experience in UX design
- Test, for automated testing
- Subversion/TortoiseSVN, for source code management
- PHP/MySQL, for server backend code
- Java, for Android apps
- Bash/VBScript/Python, for scripting build, deployment, etc.
- Axosoft, for project management
- 25 paid days of vacation (plus additional unpaid leave days on demand)
- Pension of 8.8% of the annual wage, where the employee pays 50% and the employer 50%
- Performance bonus, based on 50% of the company’s performance and 50% on personal ones.
- Flexible working hours, with 70% overlap with the traditional 08.30-17.00.
- Flexible working place, with at least 1 day per week in the office (ideally), open to fully remote
- Laptop and all needed accessories to work from the office and/or at home
- Travel compensations when you need to travel to the office
- Budget for courses and seminars
Prodim also regularly organizes company outings and activities for company/team bonding.
Some recent activities were: BBQs, dinners, escape rooms, fun-parks, karting, etc.
If you’re open to relocation to the Netherlands, Prodim offers some additional assistance.
We would like to receive your Curriculum Vitae and motivation letter as soon as possible. You can send your application via e-mail to Mrs. P. Teune: firstname.lastname@example.org. The motivation letter should detail your professional skills, interest, and reasons for applying for this position.